To Meal or to Graze
It’s a choice every man must make for himself: to binge every 12 hours, or to take handfuls of nuts, a piece of fruit or a hunk of cheese every few hours as he feels fit.
I know where I stand.
Meals have some pros:
- If you only need to eat a couple of times a day, that saves time.
- You can sit down with your friends and have a big appetite.
- When you wait long times between eating, your body has a chance to digest.
They also have some cons:
- You get spacey in between meals.
- You have to chance to enjoy fewer flavors.
- You have to think very carefully about the meal to make sure you get everything you need.
With snacking, on the other hand, I feel the pros out weigh the cons much more obviously.
- When you snack, you can eat just enough to feel grounded without feeling stuffed
- A small snack gives the body energy without making it tired
- You can determine what you need as the day goes on.
- For example, if you think you want chicken salad, but you realize you’re missing veggies, you can have veggies as your next snack.
- You’re always ready to make love
- Don’t discount the disabling effect a gigantic meal has on romance.
So to you know who out there (yes, I’m talking to you), if you have questions about my personal experience with intermittent fasting, please reach out here.
Otherwise, take your time experimenting with what feels best in your body.
The most important thing is be conscious of what is going in, because it determines what comes out of you in thoughts, deeds and actions.